well known for its Castle Chlemoutsi
OUR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Our olive trees are known as the well known and famous variety «KORONEIKI». The trees are from the decade of the year 1930 and the trees are fully organic.The excellent organic olive oil produced is a genuine product without interference and refining with the cool process, fully nutritious.
AN IDEAL PRODUCT FOR RESTAURANTS AND MORE
After 1st January of 2018 a new law (Κον.Εοκ : 29/2012 και 1019/2002 Νόμος 4177/2013 ΦΕΚ:Β’ 2983/30-8-2017) requires every restaurant or any kind of shop/store that serves olive oils on their tables must serve ιτ bottled sealed and certified and in no way bulk as it has been until now.
With Luxury Oil 30ml sealed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil you give the oportunity to have all above with much care and taste.
LONDON 2016 IOOC SILVER AWARD WINNERS
A LITTLE STORY ABOUT KASTRO
Kastro Chlemoutsi is divided into two parts. The Inner endosure , buit on the hills summit, indentified as the Palace of Frankish Princess and the outer enclosure that stretchs across the hills gentle slopes. It is situated in the village Kastro, the Municipality of Andravida Kyllini of the Ilia Region Unit, Western Peloponese. Built on Chelonata Hill, strategic promment position overseeing the entire plain, the centre of Principality of Achaia . Chlemoutsi or (Chateau Clermont, Chloumoutzi, Castle Tornese) protected the capital of Andravida and the commercial part of Glarentza. It is one of the best preserved medieval Castles of Greece. It belongs to the Frankish period without having undergone significant later alterations to its architecture. According to the Chronicle of morca. Chlemoutsi was originally built by the Franks between 1220 -1223 as a fortified Palace. In the 14th century it was claimed by different noblemen, at the start of the 15th century it came into possession of Carlo Tocca, Count of Cephalonia & Despot of Epirus. In 1427 Chlemoutsi passed peacefully to Constantine Palaiologos as a dowry. In 1460 it was taken over by the Turks and in 1620 was plundered by the knights of the order of St John of Malta. In 1687, it passed into the hands of the Venetians who held Chlemoutsi in their possession till 1715 when it was reclaimed by the Turks, who in return kept it till the Revolution of 1821.